Silver Strand - Coronado
One of the Coronado Islands
in Mexican waters is visible in the distance.
Jumping at Silver Strand
Silver Strand / Coronado (San Diego):
Probably the best winds in the
San Diego area but still weaker than Los Angeles. Use a 16 meter kite with a low wind board.
Launch and land between lifeguard towers 0 and 1. Click here for the local kitesurfing rules.
More info & links:
- Google map -
- IKitesurf - Wind measurements and predictions
- Beachcam - I haven't found one yet
info - Local beach info
- State Parks brochure - State Parks brochure that includes kiteboarding regulations
- www.sandiegokiteboarding.com - San Diego kiteboarding forum
- Coronado Island bike trail - Something else fun to do when the winds are weak (bike trail map)
Home > LA outdoors > Kitesurfing > Beaches
Copyright 2007 by Dan Slater, All rights